Friday, March 7, 2008

VA-Animal Welfare League of Alexandria-Young Boar

Animal Welfare League of Alexandria, VA: LISTING REMOVED Titus! Titus was up for adoption a while ago, disappeared, and now he's back. I hope he wasn't returned from what he thought was his forever home! The cute guy is listed as one year old.






* AAGP recommends quarantining any new guinea pigs
for 2-3 weeks and confirming the sex yourself.
Many sad accidents or "accidents" can be avoided this way. *

helpful links: Quality Hay and Pellets in bulk & Pampering your Pig & Cheaper, Larger Cages & Bedding & Essential Guinea Supplies & Proper Diet & Cavy Savvy Vets & "What's Normal? What's Not?" & Social Life & Boy or Girl? & "What is Rescuing and Adopting?" & Social Cause Marketing & Guinea Pigs in PA/NY/NJ/WV .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I know, Alexandria does at least two home visits, one with the pet, to all homes considering adoption. Not sure if they do this for their "small and furry" pets. It would be a perfect utopian world if all shelters were so nice, thought-full (yes, I meant to spell it that way), clean and considerate of pets in need of finding a forever home. AWLA is not a "kill" shelter. With all of that being said, it'd sure be nice to find this lovely piggie a home!

~my2pigs

S.B. said...

For other readers, my2pigs is my guinea pig mentor :)

Thanks for filling us in on how great of a shelter Alexandria is! I too hope Titus gets a hope soon. He's been waiting for a while, and he's such an adorable guy!

Anonymous said...

Titus looks very much like my Chocolate. He is adorable. I hope he gets a home soon!

S.B. said...

Titus is still waiting for a home folks!