Friday, December 7, 2007

NY-EUTHANIZATION ALERT-DESPERATE CALL FOR HELP

GUINEA PIGS SAFE AND ALWAYS WERE! READ UPDATE here.


FIVE DAYS until fifteen guinea pigs in upstate New York are euthanized. Now that a college br33ding program has ended, the pigs are going to be killed on Wednesday, the twelfth of December.

Any help is desperately needed. Foster homes, adopters, financial or material donations, donations of time, transporting a pig to a safe home, etc.

All fifteen of these Pink Eyed Whites (PEW)s, though lab animals, have been handled daily and are friendly.

The school in question is SUNY Delhi, a small college in the Catskills Mountains of New York. It's website is here: http://www.delhi.edu.

For any questions or offers of help, please either leave a comment, email me at Adoptaguineapig @ gmail.com (remove spaces), or visit this thread on Guinea Lynx: here.

PLEASE HELP KEEP THESE DEFENSELESS,
INNOCENT ANIMALS FROM BEING KILLED!

helpful links: Quality Hay and Pellets in bulk & Pampering your Pig & Cheaper, Larger Cages & Bedding & Essential Guinea Supplies & Proper Diet & Cavy Savvy Vets & "What's Normal? What's Not?" & "What is Rescuing and Adopting?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I pass this on to another Guinea Pig adoption Forum ?

S.B. said...

Oh yes, please do. I'm wretchedly sick right now so I'm not papering the net as much as I should be. Or at all. So that would be such a great help. Please always feel free to repost a listing here in any rescue friendly forums :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks I went ahead and posted it over there .If we could arrange transportation I could take in a few or more until we can find homes however I am all the way in Eastern Virginia but would be willing to drive to DC area if there is anyone willing to do a leg trip . I hope you feel better soon !

S.B. said...

Great, that's wonderful. Haven't checked GL yet but please post that you could take some if you had transport help. The group's great with piggie trains. Potentially I could be a rest stop if schedules didn't work out.

You might also consider seeing if you could foster them for an area rescue. When I started fostering at least I got to "choose" my first pig, who I got from a GL train actually, and now I foster just GPs who meet the rescue's specific requirements (i.e. generally shelter pigs). I don't know if that's typical though.


I hope I feel better soon too! Thanks. I've got a backlist of about 25 pigs to post, and I'm just going to fall asleep after this. Hopefully I will have dreams of piggies being saved so I have a bit of time not worrying about this group.

Anonymous said...

I am open to all possibilities to save lives . Especially with little ones like Guineas since tehy are rather easy to make homes for and care for .I worked for years in a shelter and would continue with dogs and cats if I could , however being a military spouse its quite difficult to find housing with more than 1-2 dogs and I have found that cats do not take to cross country moves very well . However guinea pigs are a bit different as most places don't consider them as "animals" on a leasing agreement and they are easy to transport in a pen in my van .